- I stay up too late at night. It hurts the next day, but I love the quiet time after the kids are in bed. No matter how disciplined I try to convince myself to be, I never go to bed early.
- Getting children out the door for school in the morning is really like herding cats, only more slow-motion. Maybe everyone needs an earlier bedtime.
- I do not want winter to come. Curses to cold weather.
- Natalie and I watch Cupcake Wars together. Yesterday she told me her strategy for making a cupcake for a particular challenge: mixing seaweed with cotton candy flavoring and pulling sugar to make a box car to put on top. She’s 4. I’ll start saving now for culinary school.
- Speaking of saving, I have a lot of great ideas for Christmas gifts this year. Unfortunately, I have no money to buy any of them. That whole thing about “it’s the thought that counts” is totally bogus.
- Yesterday was my mother’s birthday. My mom is a wonderful woman. You should meet her because everyone who does automatically has a better chance of getting into heaven. Happy Birthday, mom. I love you.
- I did something yesterday that I don’t remember ever doing before in my life– JOG for 40 minutes. It wasn’t pretty, and I think I walk faster than I jog. Cue the apocalypse.
- I need to drink more water. Like going to bed early, I’ve been telling myself to do it for years. But I don’t. I’m surprised all my innards haven’t shriveled up by now.
- I really like the Preach My Gospel manual. I’ve been studying it for an ongoing Relief Society activity/class I teach, and it’s been a great way to fuel my scripture study.
- I decided I’m going to start re-memorizing all the scripture mastery scriptures. Between this website and a scripture mastery app for my phone, it’s pretty easy. I’ve only done 1 Nephi 3:7 and 1 Nephi 19:23 so far, plus 2 Nephi 2:25 and D&C 10:5 with my kids, but I’m feeling it.
- Does anyone have a perfect bread machine recipe for whole wheat bread? My sister sent me one, but I’ve ruined it twice. It’s me, not her. Recipes for Dummies are recommended.
- Tuesdays are my crank-out-the-laundry days, which means I get to watch lots of TV while I fold and sort clothes. I’m pretty much all caught up on my shows now, which currently include The Biggest Loser, The Sing-off, Cupcake wars, Sweet Genius, Top Chef: Just Desserts and Chopped. Um, all but one are food shows, mainly desserts. Do you think they cancel out a 40-minute jog? Great.
- I’m in charge of Grant’s Halloween class party, but I delegated out the entire thing, and all I have to do is show up. That rocks. I really did try to help out, but all the volunteers were so dang ambitious, and hey, more power to ’em.