Things have been a little heavy on D&D lately (that’s Diapers and Divinity, not Dungeons and Dragons, although we do have that How To Train Your Dragon party going on tomorrow), so I thought I’d focus today on some of the lighter day-to-day stuff.
- I’ve done P90X for 3 days and I’m still alive. I’m pretty sure that means I’m doing it wrong. I’m even kind of doing the diet portion of it, which is basically focusing on healthy foods and avoiding fats, sweets, etc. Not rocket science, but just as hard.
- Isn’t that mine rescue business in Chile so cool (except for the ding-dong who invited his mistress and his wife to the rescue)? My favorite quote from the event: ”I think I had extraordinary luck. I was with God and with the devil. And I reached out for God.” – Mario Sepulveda, rescued miner.
- I finally watched last week’s episode of Project Runway, and I just don’t understand why people are so mean. If you’re really as talented as you claim you are, can’t you rely on the merit of your own work without trying to throw everyone around you down?
- My friend Shantel is coming to visit me today from Minnesota. I’m really excited to have a visitor who’s a good friend, who knows me, and I can have some quality girl time with. So far the only thing on the schedule is taking her to Cafe Rio (that is totally not in the P90X rules, and I don’t care.)
- Grant wrote a book about spiders and made 20 copies of it because he’s sure all his friends will want to buy one. I tried to tell him they probably don’t want to spend their money on facts about spiders that he wrote in his notebook, but I felt mean. Anyone in the market for a real masterpiece?
- Natalie has another UTI. Can you guess how happy I am about that? We’re getting a referral to Primary Children’s Hospital and I’m hoping we can work with a pediatric urologist that can figure out why this keeps happening. (She’s been to the hospital three times in Minneapolis for testing and it always comes back normal.)
- No matter how hard I try, I can never get all my laundry done in one day. I even have that mega-sized washing machine now, so it shouldn’t be that hard. I think I have domestic ADD.
- I’m liking the fall sunshine. The view out my window right now is lovely.
- I need more sleep.
- Last night, Matt got stuck in traffic so I had to coach the first 25 minutes of Grant’s flag football practice. I did a fine job if I do say so myself. I guess that intramural flag football team I was on at BYU paid off.
- Did you know that you can download all the music from general conference as .mp3 files to put on your iPod? I love it for Sundays. Here’s a link to download it all, or you can get individual songs at conference.lds.org. Click on “Show Music” at the top.
Have a great weekend everyone!