General conference is a fantastic opportunity to sit at the feet of living prophets and hear the word of the Lord. By preparing early, we can create a culture of family attention and participation. Here is a collection of activities you can use to help engage your children in the general conference experience. Each of the pictures links you to the original site and post where I found the idea. Click through to those sites to learn about each activity.
Before you get too carried away, keep this in mind: Just pick a few activities that seem like a good fit for your own children and family. If you try to do too much, you will stress yourself out and then find yourself highly disappointed and annoyed when it doesn’t go like you planned it all out in your mind during your sleepless preparations. In the end, conference is supposed to be a reverent learning experience and not a three-ring circus, so work hard to create a healthy balance.
1. Countdown to conference FHE Activity.
2. Prepare by Asking Questions
3. Conference Countdown “Calendar”
5. General Conference Trivia Game6. Ideas for preparing children spiritually for Conference
8. Study The 14 Fundamentals of Following the Prophet
9. Basket and Bags that children do during each speaker
11. GC Infographic
14. Draw pictures/notes from each talk and hang by picture on wall
15. GC paper dolls (with word bubbles to add quotes)
16. Living Prophet Memory Game
17. Toddler ideas like magnetic letter matching
18. Questionnaires for each session
19. General Authority “Go Fish”
20. Preschool Activities including Word Hunt
25. Fantasy General Conference Brackets
26. Guessing the Statistics (and other ideas for each session)
27. Word Search/Puzzle Activities for various ages
28. General Conference Wall using Gospel Art Kit
31. GC Bracelets (and other activity ideas)
32. The Ultimate Guide to Conference with Kids
33. Sugardoodle.net: The motherload of packets and printables for conference
ONE TWO TO GROW ON:
How to prepare YOURSELF for General Conference
And a Dieter F. Uchtdorf talk: “General Conference—No Ordinary Blessing” Great ideas about preparing spiritually.
God bless you as you prepare for and participate in General Conference. I know God lives, that his Church has been restored, and that as we act upon the things we learn in conference, we will be blessed with power and protection and treasures of knowledge.