Matt graduated from law school this month (YES! YES! YES!) and we’re going to celebrate.
We’re going to Disney World!
Other than my own visit as a teenager, we’ve never been. I’m so excited, and a tiny bit overwhelmed by how to navigate the big wonderful world of Disney. I need help from you experienced Mom travelers.
- We are staying off-site in a condo that has a kitchen, 1.5 miles from Disney World.
- We will have a rental car/van.
- We will be in Orlando for 6 full days (including one Sunday)
- Three children: ages 7, 5, and 3.
- We have a behavior plan currently in place where kids can earn “Disney dollars” they can use to purchase snacks or trinkets at the park. Good behavior earns dollars, bad behavior loses them. Pretty simple.
Questions: (answer any or all of them. I’m “all ears.” Get it?)
- How should we divide up 5 days between the 4 parks (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios)? Please consider my kids’ ages and recommend what they’ll like the most/least.
- I don’t think we can afford to eat at Disney restaurants and such. How realistic is it to eat off site or bring a lunch? Could we “run home” and eat or is that really a 2-hour round trip? Suggestions?
- I know about the “Fast Passes” you can use to come back later and not wait so long in line. How does the “Ride Sharing” (thing where you and your husband can take turns going with/without children) work?
- Any great insider tips?
- What about must-see attractions, events, sites to see within the parks?
- Natalie is 3 and never uses a stroller any more. Should I take one anyway?
- Anything I should pack that I probably haven’t thought of?
- Should I pay the upgrade for the park-hopper passes or is any one park going to easily occupy the full day?
- Anything you thought your kids would love and they didn’t? I don’t want to waste my time. I know for a fact they won’t like things like walking tours (for example, the Animation studios tour).
- I can’t think of another question, but name anything random you want me to take a picture of while we’re there and I’ll do my best.
p.s. Don’t forget to join us in the Winter Poetry contest. Entries due by Tuesday night.