- If my children are given the choice between going to heaven or going to Chuck E. Cheese, it’s a no-brainer. (Oh, and apparently exchanging wads and wads of tickets for a one-inch Laffy Taffy and a mini Tootsie-Roll pop is much more rewarding than I would have imagined.)
- Lots and lots of rain is only slightly better than lots and lots of snow. You still get cabin fever.
- When your mom asks you to help her shop for jeans, wear comfortable shoes and pack a lunch.
- An air mattress does not count as a bed, I don’t care what anyone tells you.
- If you go on a leisurely walk with your dad in a hilly neighborhood while pushing your 2-year-old in a stroller, it’s possible that your leg muscles might combust.
- If your husband loves to browse eBay and Craig’s List, it may not be a wise budget move to leave him unsupervised at home for eight days.
- If you would like to renew your faith in your children, just listen to your parents talk about them to their friends. You’d think they were national treasures raised by a herd of angels.
- Vacation makes your children lose their will to sleep. No matter how hard you try to maintain a routine, they go to bed late and wake up too early.
- When your mom thinks that homemade play-doh would be a fun idea for your kids, she’s right. It will entertain Clark and Natalie for more than an hour and the mess is at her house instead of yours.
- Note to self: Do not save all of your children’s old books and toys for 35 years so that your grandchildren can play with them some day. Chances are only about 23% that said grandchildren will survive the dust, mildew, small parts and 274 broken modern safety laws. If you choose to break this “rule,” keep plenty of band-aids and Benadryl on hand.
- I really like Springtime, and really dislike Arctic wintertime.
- It doesn’t really matter much how many years have passed or whether the homestead has changed location, spending time with parents and family always feels like home.
Well, that’s about as deep as I’m feeling today. I’ve got to get some sleep so I can survive that 3 kids on the airplane thing tomorrow.
Tomorrow’s the last day to enter a limerick in the limerick contest. There are some fun ones so far. Watch for voting starting Wednesday.
And also Wednesday is the day you’ll need to reset the RSS feed for this blog as it switches to www.diapersanddivinity.com . From what I understand, Google Reader, your sidebar post-updater-thing, or any RSS feed won’t pick up any new posts unless you re-subscribe. Please come back and find me again or I’ll miss you.
And I’m going to Women’s Conference at BYU at the end of April… is anyone going to be there as well? Might be fun to meet up for lunch one day or something.
Oh, and guess what?! I actually won something in that giveaway at Mormon Mommy Blogs— a cool photo book. Plus a bunch of other people I like won stuff too, so I was so excited when I saw the big announcement. They also invited/approved for me to guest post there soon and I’m anxious about what to write… heavy on diapers or heavy on divinty, or a clever mix of both (that’s trickier sometimes). Any advice? Feel free to throw out a topic, too.