Today feels like a day of miscellaneous business. I’ll try to be efficient as I cover it all.
- My blog has a new look because I just felt like shaking things up a little bit. I did it a few days ago and no one’s said anything, so I’m wondering if it was more of a makeunder than a makeover. Maybe I’ll start from scratch.
- I picked a winner for the poetry contest. I know I said I’d pick a few and we’d all vote, but there were only a few entries (which were all fun and wonderful, by the way) and I just picked my favorite. The winner is Charlotte of Memories for Later. I loved her “Ode to the Snow Day” and it will soon be honored on my sidebar. This lovely crown? It’s ALL YOURS, Charlotte. Congratulations!
Beloved of my childhood.
How I did yearn for thee then!
Praying for thy presence
With lazy days and snow to play.
Age hath unmasked thee,
O’ cruel day thou art!
Disruptor of Routine!
Deliverer of Cabin Fever!
Creator of Summer Makeup Days.
How I should dread thee,
And yet thy place of magic
Still holds sway,
And my heart flutters
At the thought of thee.
- Just wanted to let you know that I have a guest post up today over at Mormon Women. It’s called “Obedience Buffet,” wherein I pontificate about my love of restaurants and tendency toward pick-and-choose in other areas of life. Head on over to check out their site, and ring the comment bell if you feel so inclined. 🙂
- Miss Wonder Woman gave me a Happiness Award, and asked me to list 10 things that make me happy. So I did (click here). I’m supposed to tag 10 people, but I’m not feeling very rule-hardy right now, so I hereby bequeath this award to any of my readers who were born in July (because you must be cool). If you choose to accept it, write your happy list on your blog and leave me a link so I can go read it. Thanks, Wonder Woman!
- Okay, (deep breath) last thing. It’s been a while since I’ve honored some of my favorite posts that I’ve tripped upon in the blogosphere. So without further ado, the current Post-It award recipients ….. (click here if you’re a winner)
- Annie Valentine blogs at Regarding Annie and she feels like a kindred blogger to me in many ways. (I mean, her blog tagline says: “Sometimes I want to kick my man in the shin and sell my kids on eBay.” *snort*). She also writes a column in her local newspaper and I absolutely loved this post/article she wrote. Made me look at the way I talk about people in a whole new way.
- I always love That Girl over at Pensievity, but she wrote two posts recently about marriage (one crash course and one down-to-earth chuckle) that just reeked of right. She’s a smart cookie, That Girl– all full of priorities, and cuteness, and wit and such.
- In this post called “Death Doulas,” Terresa at The Chocolate Chip Waffle weaved a lovely tale of death and hope and wonder. It’s quite beautiful.
- I really loved this sweet, humble testimony, “God is There,” over at Mormon Women, too.
- And finally, Momza wrote a guest post at Mormon Mommy Blogs called “Mothers Don’t Have to Be Everything to Everyone,” in which the title itself preaches a lovely sermon, but it was the last line of her post that hit me like a ton of bricks (the Holy- Ghost,-that-is-so-true kind of bricks.)
Whew, that’s it.
And I love my readers, really I do. This past week you’ve given some great advice, and said some of the sweetest things that really made me feel great. So thank you.
18 thoughts on “Etc., Etc., Etc….”
I love the new look! Very smashing. Hey, are you coming to CBC in May?
Wow. Thank you. I hope by sharing what I learn, it benefits others.
I really like the new look. and I LOVED that death doula post. I dont know why I rarely comment on other people’s blogs – I guess like in conversation, I really dont know what to say.
I like your random posts. And I like the new look. Subtle, but a great representation of what your blog is about. 🙂
I love the new look, but really was too caught up in your words and the wisdom they gave me to say anything else. sorry about that. And by the way, I linked to your post yesterday. Thanks again for writing it.
I actually meant to say I like the new look, but got to distracted by the whole DisneyWorld thing. 🙂 Looks great.
And, Charlotte, love your poem–especially on this day, a snow day for us!
I’m honored, diapers, divinity, and all! 🙂
PS: I love the new look of your blog. The blue and white remind me of linen and fresh laundry and the new year.
Love the new look, and love the link to that article by that one girl. She must consider you a dear, dear blogging friend.
Thanks! Now I’m going to check out all the posts you’ve linked to (“the posts to which you’ve linked?” I think I’ll just leave my preposition at the end).
I’ve read all of those posts and they are some of my faves, too. And I usually read blogs in my reader and only click over to comment if I have something REALLY good to say, so I haven’t been here in a few days. I like it. The light blue is kind of heavenly, and I love the statues and temple pic.
I haven’t been making the rounds as much lately so this is my first time seeing the new look and I truly love it. There’s something really poignant about the header images.
I’ve already read a couple of the posts you mentioned and have to give a hearty amen. Those are some amazing ladies!
Don’t we meet wonderful people here in blog world? I love every single one of these bloggers.
And like others, I got caught up in the whole “What?? You’re taking three little kids to Disneyworld??” frenzy I forgot to tell you I really do like your new look here.
Seriously. I would have said this even if you hadn’t mentioned anything.
Sorry I haven’t commented all week! Your posts are so good, I don’t want to just skim… So I need to make time to read them AND ponder them!
Also, I thought you might like to hear about this: http://dandcamilla.blogspot.com/2010/01/fight-new-drug.html
You recently stopped by my blog. I’ve been slow and responding, but wanted to let you know I appreciate meeting new friends. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog.
I like the new look. Clean and tidy!
Congrats on your Happiness Award. Seems appropriate for you:)
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. Google Reader is just plain evil. It encourages me to be lazy about commenting. AND I don’t get to see your wonderful new blog setup.
I thought and thought about that Winter Poetry contest, but realized that I just don’t like winter. Poetry needs inspiration. Maybe next time, though.
Would it be terrible if I said that I miss your old look? Maybe it’s because that is what you looked like when I “met” you. I was used to it, but I will grow to love the new look just as much. It’s like when my husband gets a haircut…
Congrats to the poetry winner! That is a talent I’ve never been able to cultivate.
Also, I’m a huge Annie V. fan. I’d be more devoted to her except that she’s absolutely gorgeous and funny and sweet in person, too, so of course a tiny part of me is obligated to hate her. 🙂