- My blog has a new look because I just felt like shaking things up a little bit. I did it a few days ago and no one’s said anything, so I’m wondering if it was more of a makeunder than a makeover. Maybe I’ll start from scratch.
- I picked a winner for the poetry contest. I know I said I’d pick a few and we’d all vote, but there were only a few entries (which were all fun and wonderful, by the way) and I just picked my favorite. The winner is Charlotte of Memories for Later. I loved her “Ode to the Snow Day” and it will soon be honored on my sidebar. This lovely crown? It’s ALL YOURS, Charlotte. Congratulations!
Beloved of my childhood.
How I did yearn for thee then!
Praying for thy presence
With lazy days and snow to play.
Age hath unmasked thee,
O’ cruel day thou art!
Disruptor of Routine!
Deliverer of Cabin Fever!
Creator of Summer Makeup Days.
How I should dread thee,
And yet thy place of magic
Still holds sway,
And my heart flutters
At the thought of thee.
- Just wanted to let you know that I have a guest post up today over at Mormon Women. It’s called “Obedience Buffet,” wherein I pontificate about my love of restaurants and tendency toward pick-and-choose in other areas of life. Head on over to check out their site, and ring the comment bell if you feel so inclined. 🙂
- Miss Wonder Woman gave me a Happiness Award, and asked me to list 10 things that make me happy. So I did (click here). I’m supposed to tag 10 people, but I’m not feeling very rule-hardy right now, so I hereby bequeath this award to any of my readers who were born in July (because you must be cool). If you choose to accept it, write your happy list on your blog and leave me a link so I can go read it. Thanks, Wonder Woman!
- Okay, (deep breath) last thing. It’s been a while since I’ve honored some of my favorite posts that I’ve tripped upon in the blogosphere. So without further ado, the current Post-It award recipients ….. (click here if you’re a winner)
- Annie Valentine blogs at Regarding Annie and she feels like a kindred blogger to me in many ways. (I mean, her blog tagline says: “Sometimes I want to kick my man in the shin and sell my kids on eBay.” *snort*). She also writes a column in her local newspaper and I absolutely loved this post/article she wrote. Made me look at the way I talk about people in a whole new way.
- I always love That Girl over at Pensievity, but she wrote two posts recently about marriage (one crash course and one down-to-earth chuckle) that just reeked of right. She’s a smart cookie, That Girl– all full of priorities, and cuteness, and wit and such.
- In this post called “Death Doulas,” Terresa at The Chocolate Chip Waffle weaved a lovely tale of death and hope and wonder. It’s quite beautiful.
- I really loved this sweet, humble testimony, “God is There,” over at Mormon Women, too.
- And finally, Momza wrote a guest post at Mormon Mommy Blogs called “Mothers Don’t Have to Be Everything to Everyone,” in which the title itself preaches a lovely sermon, but it was the last line of her post that hit me like a ton of bricks (the Holy- Ghost,-that-is-so-true kind of bricks.)
Whew, that’s it.
And I love my readers, really I do. This past week you’ve given some great advice, and said some of the sweetest things that really made me feel great. So thank you.