This week has been one of those weeks that are supposedly “typical” for moms.
- Had strep throat. Got a shot. Survived.
- Planned and hosted Natalie’s birthday party. (more to come about that)
- Cleaned house frantically, did laundry, had party, need to clean house again.
- Husband out of town on business, running him to and from the airport.
- Planning Clark’s class Thanksgiving party. Research out craft and treat ideas online. Make phone calls and design fliers.
- Meals. You know, breakfast, lunch, dinner. Every day.
- Took kids to the play “Frog and Toad All Year.” (I love plays.)
- Grocery shopping.
- Walking and/or driving children to/from school, 3 different schools, 3 different schedules.
- Trying to find clothes that fit my boys when they get dressed in the morning. (Could they please stop growing already?)
- Exchange emails to plan upcoming Relief Society activity.
- Taking Grant to friend’s birthday party. Buying gift.
- Volunteering with take-home reading at Clark’s school.
- Trying to get a jump on Christmas presents since I’m trying to make stuff this year due to budget restraints. (And when I say make, I mean things like reading aloud stories and recording them on CD.)
- Return what seems like hundreds of phone calls and emails.
- Make signs to hang up around my house like “Close this door!”
- Eating all of the leftover cupcakes from Natalie’s party.
- Sleeping occasionally.
See? It’s all totally normal stuff. And yet? Mind-numbingly exhausting. I recommend you don’t make a list like this unless you have time to take a nap afterwards. Then again, it’s a nice reminder you actually got stuff done. Moms rock.
How was your week?