General Conference Trivia Questions
from October 2011 General Conference
Just answer as many as you can. There’s no such thing as cheating, really. You can use your notes and look stuff up if you want to. Send your answers to email@example.com. You can include the questions or just type your answers– either way is fine. Please include the word TRIVIA in the subject line of your email.
Submit your answers by Wednesday night at midnight. Winners will be announced on Thursday.
- When President Monson addressed the congregation for the very first time in this conference, what was the first thing he said?
- How many new temples were announced? And which one does President Monson want to dedicate himself?
- Finish this clever rhyme from President Uctdorf’s talk. “The Lord doesn’t care if we work in marble halls or (?) .
- What kind of bird did President Packer refer to when teaching youth to learn from their elders?
- Elder Perry spoke about the Church in the media. He asked us to share the church and the gospel with the outside world the same way that volunteers do at what kind of event?
- What did Elder Scott give his family as a Christmas gift in 1991?
- According to Elder Scott, what endeavor/achievement is “like forging a new friendship”?
- Elder Bednar suggested that young people are gifted in technology for a purpose. What does he encourage them to do instead of video games, Facebook and surfing the Internet?
- Elder Christofferson said that we should smile when we speak about what principle?
- Which apostle quoted a mommy blogger who said, “Motherhood is not a hobby; it is a calling.”?
- In Sister Thompson’s talk, she told the story of a woman during WWII who was asked how she kept a testimony through all her suffering. Complete the woman’s response: “I didn’t keep a testimony, …….”
- Elder Whitney L. Clayton was able to go into the presidential palace that he had once taught in front of on his mission. In what country?
- Elder Ian Ardern gave a great talk about managing our time. Finish this wise piece of counsel: “Let us be as quick to kneel as we are to _______.”
- Elder Carl B. Cook found himself riding in an elevator with President Monson when he was feeling very discouraged. What was the prophet’s advice?
- What did President Monson lose (and then find) as a child that helped him gain his testimony of prayer?
- What are the three points that President Eyring reminded us are part of our baptism covenant?
- According to Elder Ballard, what 9 words explain exactly who we are and what we believe?
- According to Elder Tad Callister, why are there so many Christian churches?
- On Sunday morning, we were taught about fatherhood in one of the best talks on the matter I’ve ever heard. Who was the speaker?
- Elder Russell M. Nelson said that the greatest compliment that can be given in this life is to be known as a (what?) ?
- Brother Richardson told a story about mountain hiking with his children. What did he do when they wanted to know how much further they had to go?
- What happened to Elder Randall K. Bennet when he ignored a warning sign?
- When Elder Cornish wanted to eat a piece of chicken, how was his prayer answered?
24. Where was the children’s choir from?
25. What primary song did the Tabernacle choir sing during the Saturday morning session?
26. During the Saturday morning session we were asked to sing the congregational song with full hearts. What was the name of the hymn?
27. The women in the tabernacle choir wore two dresses during conference. What colors were they?
28. What Hymn did Sister Dalton refer to in her talk?