from Wonder Woman, January 2010, 10 things that make me happy.
1. Naps. I love to nap. I think I might have an unnatural affection toward my bed. When my kids are all in school, I swear I’ll take a nap every day.
2. Matt. I thank God I got the marriage decision right. He is a good man, a great husband, and a wonderful father. His heart is in the right place, and behind my nagging about insignificant stuff, I know he’s the best gift God’s ever given me.
3. Vacations. I love planning them, I love preparing for them, I love taking them. I love the change in scenery and routine. I love seeing the world. I just love vacations.
4. Latin music. So happy, so fun. Somehow inappropriate lyrics seem funny and harmless in another language, but I didn’t just say that.
5. Teaching. I love to teach, especially the gospel. The preparation stretches me, and teaching and connecting fills me.
6. Blogging. Duh. Love the outlet, the forum for writing, and the unexpected friendships.
7. Restaurants. Man, I love a good meal that somebody besides me made. Sigh.
8. Sunshine and Breezes, together. I totally live in the wrong place. Warm = happiness.
9. Girlfriends. I love my friends I’ve carried with me through the years. They ground me and keep the real me floating around on the surface.
10. My children. They supply me joy and happiness in spurts, but it’s the deepest best kind. They’re all mine and I feel it.
from Kim, November 2009. 35 questions, one-word answers.
1. Where is your cell phone? Car?
2. Your hair? messy
3. Your mother? charity
4. Your father? wise
5. Your favorite food? potatoes
6. Your dream last night? Annoying
7. Your favorite drink? cocoa
8. Your dream/goal? Contentment
9. What room are you in? Office
10. Your hobby? Blogging
11. Your fear? Vomiting
12. Where do you want to be in six years? Napping
13. Where were you last night? Bed
14. Something you aren’t? Quiet
15. Muffins? Blueberry
16. Wish list item? camera
17. Where did you grow up? Atlanta
18. Last thing you did? banished
19. What are you wearing? Pajamas
20. TV? occasionally
21. Your pets? fish
22. Friends? Beloved
23. Your life? Blessed
24. Your mood? Content
25. Missing someone? Yes
26. Vehicle? Safari
27. Something you’re not wearing? Bra
28. Your favorite store? Old Navy?
29. Your favorite color? Red
30. When was the last time you laughed? Today
31. When was the last time you cried? Week
32. Your best friend? Many
33. One place that you go to over and over? Bed
34. One person who emails me regularly? mom
35. Favorite place to eat? Restaurants!