[image credit: ksl.com]
Wasn’t general conference absolutely wonderful? So much to love and feel. The first week of General Conference Book Club is now up and running over at Becca’s blog, My Soul Delighteth (<– Just click right there.). Don’t be shy. Head on over and share your favorite conference moments. I’m headed there next.
Here are the answers and winners of the questions for the general conference guessing game. Answers are in red, followed by the winner for each question. If there was more than one winner, then I shuffled them up and picked a winner using random.org.
General Conference Guessing Game
1. How many new temples do you think will be announced? None were announced. :( The winner with the closest number was Heidi.
2. What’s your guess for any auxiliaries to be reorganized? (RS, YW, YM, SS, none) Both RS and presiding bishopric were reorganized. Oh, how I will miss Sister Beck! Eight of you guessed right, but the winner was Becky.
3. Take a guess at one location of a new temple. Name a state in the US or a country outside of the US. Again, none, so no winner for this question.
4. Barring any absence, 11 of the 12 apostles speak in the four Saturday and Sunday sessions. Who’s your guess for the one apostle that only speaks in Priesthood session? Elder Bednar. Allyall was the only one who guessed this right.
5. Who will conduct the first session of conference (Sat. AM)? President Uchtdorf. Twelve of you were spot on, and the winner was Mel.
6. How many members of the church will be announced in the statistical report? 14,441,346 members worldwide. Becky’s guess came closest.
7. What color dresses will the women of the Tabernacle Choir wear on Sunday morning? They wore purple/lavender dresses. None of us guessed that right, so no winner to that question.
8. Who will be the first woman to speak in this session of conference? Sister Cheryl Esplin spoke first. Shari won this one.
9. What color tie will President Monson wear on Sunday? Well, it looked to me like periwinkle :), so I took the three closest answers. The winner was Lisa.
10. Make a guess for a congregational hymn that might be sung at any of the four sessions. There were four congregational hymns: How Firm a Foundation, Called to Serve, Rejoice the Lord is King, and Hope of Israel. Correct me if I’m wrong, but no one got this one right.
Okay, so there ended up being SEVEN question winners. When they were all entered into a separate drawing, the grand prize winner was: Mel. Congratulations! Send me an email (look up by my profile picture to get the address) and I’ll send you a copy of this great book that includes a couple of my very own essays:
Okay, what are you waiting for? Head on over to GCBC. Have a great week, everyone!